February 9, 2012

Thirty-three Just Rode Off Into the Sunset



I had another birthday.  "That's the thing about birthdays--they're kind of an annual thing."

So I guess this means I am one year wiser, too, right?  Well, I'm not wise enough to know that when you go out to eat at Texas Roadhouse and they make you sit on a birthday saddle while the waitress shouts to the restaurant to give a "Yee-haw" for the birthday girl, it is not advisable to grasp the saddle horn and swing your arm wildly as if you were trying to lasso an animal.  You will end up looking stupid.  Lesson learned (thanks to this picture):


But I did "lasso" a most delicious entree of top sirloin steak and shrimp for the evening, and that was not too shabby.

Over the years, I've also learned that we save everyone a lot of stress by purchasing the birthday cake.  This year I instructed Jason to swing by The Sweet Tooth Fairy bakery on his way home from work and pick up some cake bites that I've been meaning to try.  He did as instructed, but when I found out how expensive the darn things were, I figured we'd have been able to get a full size sheet cake at a grocery store for that price, and I could have been eating birthday cake for breakfast for an entire week following.  Lesson learned.



Who says, "You can't teach and old dog new tricks?"

This post authored by Amber

No comments: